DermaFrac Micro-Needling (skin needling)
DermaFrac Micro-Needling (skin needling) 4 in 1 Treatment
Advanced Skin Rejuvination
Micro-needling is also called skin needling therapy or collagen induction therapy. It is a minimally-invasive non-surgical and nonablative procedure for facial rejuvenation that involves the use of a micro-needling device to create controlled skin injury.
How does DermaFrac work?
Micro-needling infusion therapy is an advanced aesthetic treatment used to target many skin concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage and mild acne scarring. DermaFrac uses a roller which contains 180 super fine needles to stimulate collagen production and cell renewal, helping to plump, firm and smooth the skin. As the roller creates the micro-channels in your skin, the DermaFrac system simultaneously enables the infusion of a potent serum to boost the impact of the needling treatment.
4 in 1 Treatment
The first step in the DermaFrac treatment is Microdermabrasion. This painless exfoliation treatment gently buffs away the outer layers of skin cells, exposing skin cells that are soft, smooth and receptive to nutrients
A precision-controlled microneedle hand piece, containing the infusion serum, rolls across the skin under vacuum. The vacuum pulls the skin into contact with the microneedles that gently penetrate through the different layers of the skin. The vacuum places the skin under tension so the needles can penetrate evenly and maximise the delivery of the active infusion serum.
Advance Infusion Therapy
The added benefit of a DermaFrac micro-needling treatment is the simultaneous infusion therapy that takes place as the roller is gently moved over your skin. The infusion serum is able to penetrate the skin instantly and more effectively to leave you with a healthy, glowing complexion.
LED Light Therapy
The final part of the DermaFrac treatment is an optional LED light therapy session. The light therapy promotes collagen stimulation, suppresses inflammation and reduces irritation. Your practitioner will advise you on the best treatment regime for you.
Skin needling can be used for multiple indications such as:
- reduction In fine lines and wrinkles
- improve congestion and oiliness
- reduce the appearance of pores
- improve surface texture
- reduction in acne
- reduction in the appearance of stretch marks
- support skin regeneration for tighter, more youthful skin by increasing collagen and elastin
- Skin needling is well tolerated by patients but dryness, scaling, redness and swelling may be seen after treatment, lasting for several days or longer, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
- Sun protection for several weeks is recommended.
- In the case of acne scars, after the skin needling procedure, the face should be cleaned with a gentle cleanser before bed. The next day, the face may be cleansed and makeup, lotions and other topical products applied as usual.
- As the microholes close quickly, postoperative wound infection is rare.
- Emollients or antibiotic creams may be prescribed, if considered necessary.
- Rejuvenation of skin may be seen as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 6-8 months after the medical procedure.
- Burn scars are slow to respond. It can take up to 6 months to 1 year to see the final results from a single treatment.
How many skin needling procedures does one need?
The number of needling procedures depends on the individual skin condition. Three to four treatments may be needed for moderate acne scars. Scars from burns and stretch marks (striae) may require up to 5 procedures.
Are there any side effects from skin needling?
Generally the treated areas recover rapidly from skin needling. However there are occasional side effects, which include: